Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Foal watch night 7: Day 347

We've been running on so little sleep, so last night I napped while on duty. We've decided that if Don't isn't doing anything, it's safe to nap for 30 minutes. (On the couch with the monitor in sight, of course). By the time I fall asleep, that's 15 minutes, but it's still been really helping. I checked on her and napped from 12-1 this morning and then Mom was home and took over. She let me sleep until 6, which was amazing! Now I feel bad for her, though. She's back in bed now, but I know she won't stay there for nearly long enough. 

I've been more concerned about HER getting some sleep, and she's more worried about ME sleeping. 

The kids stayed here last night, so I got them ready for school while checking on the monitor periodically. Don't isn't doing much this morning. She's moving more than I'm used to seeing, but during the day we don't watch as closely, since we're usually in and out of the barn and stuff. The puppies will wake up soon, and I'll head out there. More updates later! Hopefully the really interesting kind! Here's to hoping for a sleepless night ending in a baby! 🐴 ☕️

10:20
Today was uneventful, as far as labor goes, but we expected that during the day. We spent most of the day outside/in the barn, so she didn't really get any peace and quiet. Gus (Mom's gelded Tennessee Walker) and Jack [my (even though Mom takes care of him) cute little hairy ass] are spending the night outside, so Don't has the barn to herself. 

She got to go outside and enjoy the sunshine for a while, and I took her on a walk around the pasture a couple laps. She enjoyed that! Then she trotted her fat butt back to the barn. It looked less than graceful, and I was a little afraid she might fall down, but she was fine. 

I brushed her a little and gave her treats and all but begged for a baby tonight. So far she's not showing any signs, but it's still early! 

Isn't she pretty?

Here's one lopsided baby bump!
And her udder picture


Edited to add: I'm so convinced, despite zero signs, that she's going to foal tonight that anytime she moves, I get excited. "Oh! She stomped her foot!"

No comments:

Post a Comment