Monday, February 3, 2014

Foal watch night 12 or 13 or something

In the past few days, Dont's belly has dropped a lot. Her udder continues to fill, and she's started rubbing her butt a lot and biting her belly more. Last night, I went to bed shortly after 1, and at 3:30 Mom woke me up. I didn't know if she was tired and going to bed or if Don't was in labor. I walked into the dining room, looked at the monitor and look a Mom. Mom looks at the monitor, looks at me, and goes, "She lay down!" 

We both lost it laughing because Don't was just laying there. Apparently, Mom woke me up because Don't was laying down, flinging her tail everywhere and "doing weird things with her legs, like convulsions or something." When I got in there, she was just laying down, though. 

She was clearly not comfortable, an got up after about 5 minutes, but proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the night, until this morning when she started really biting her belly a lot. 

The point of this story is that Mom and I have completely lost our minds. We laugh hysterically at any given moment, and periodically curse at the monitor, saying things like, "That's right! Paw at the ground! Now lay down, b!tc* and have the baby!"  This has become perfectly normal and acceptable in the dining room, which has become our official Mare Stare/Foal Watch office. 

Mom will be home early from work tonight, and she's called in for tomorrow due to the snow heading our way so she doesn't have to worry about getting stuck plowing until 5am and not being able to get home if Don't does something. Plus, if she's not here from 1pm-5am, that's a long time for me to go with only a few hours of sleep in the morning. 

Anyway, a baby tonight would be just fantastic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment