Monday, February 24, 2014

Thank you for following!

I know I've really neglected this blog, but I had my reasons. The biggest reason was that I was tired... Not just physically, but mentally tired. For over four weeks, Don't teased us with signs of labor. Twice she apparently went into labor and then STOPPED. She was making us look bad! We know our (mom's) animals, and she managed to confuse us over and over again!

Another reason was because I started this blog so that I could stop posting about Don't so much on Facebook. I figured I was driving a lot of my Facebook friends nuts. However, as soon as I started the blog, I started getting demands for updates; people messaged me or posted on my wall, "You haven't updated since this morning! What is she doing now?!" Friends of friends (and their friends) friended me on Facebook, wanting to follow along. I started the blog because I wanted to update the select few people who I knew wanted updates, and as time went on I realized that a lot more people wanted to be included.

Five followers became twenty... Twenty became fifty... Fifty became a hundred. I'm not exaggerating. So many people wanted to know what Don't was doing, even if she wasn't doing anything new that day. So I went back to Facebook, where it was easier to update everyone and have them comment and ask questions. Mom and I spent sleepless nights laughing at the comments and questions we received, and were amazed at how many people were interested in this foaling story.

I'm going to type up the events of February 20th soon, but I wanted to first say, "Thank you!" to all of the people who took such an interest in this whole process. (And it WAS a process!) It was awesome to know that so many other people were as excited as we were (are). To everyone who lost sleep, woke up five times to check Facebook for updates, and freaked out at my seemingly out-of-nowhere "Don't is down and pushing!" update, thank you!

You all kept us laughing when we wanted to punch a horse, and for that, we thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I know I didn't comment much but I was one of those people that checked for updates every chance I could. Thank you for keeping us well informed. I loved reading the comments people made. I should make a book out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were following, Juany! Keeping everyone updated was fun, and I think it helped me stay at least a little sane. I think a book based on Foal Watch 2014 is definitely in order. lol (I may be biased, though!)

    ReplyDelete